No tennis player plays tennis with a racket having no overgrip. A player can become a champion in tennis only when he is satisfied with the base of the grip.
The tennis overgrip is not costly at all, but it should suit the style of the player and the way the racket is handled.
Tennis overgrip is a tool that is used to play tennis. This is a very soft and smooth tool, just like a ribbon or cloth tape. This tool is used to wrap the handle of your tennis racquet to prevent moisture and humidity at all levels of temperatures.
Top Tennis Overgrip Dry Feel & Durable
There are different types of tennis overgrips that fit perfectly well with the racket available in the market.
Let us discuss some of the best tennis overgrips available in the market, which offers a strong base to the racket and brings a positive change in the game of tennis. These Overgrips are best for newbies, adults, and college players.
1. Gamma Supreme Tennis Overgrip
Gamma Supreme is one of the best-selling overgrips in the market, which most tennis players always prefer. The overgrip has a tour-pack of 15 pieces, which are long durable, and resalable. It has excellent tackiness added with complete absorbency. The overgrip with a soft feel stands up for long hours of playmaking it exceptional.
The thin overgrip remains tight and absorbs all the sweat while playing for long hours. The overgrip is available in bright and striking assorted colors and fits perfectly to the long handles. Even it is available in black color. The dark color looks great but keeps absorbing more under the sunlight.
The overgrip can last for more than 3 months when used for playing games every day under the sunlight. The overgrip technique has increased the standard of tennis across the world. It is an opportunity for professional players to enhance their performance on the tennis court.
2. Tourna Original Dry Feel Tennis Grip
Tourna overgrips are of high-quality and designed as per the professional standards offering better performance. Tourna overgrips are used by the players in various tournaments and mainly in the grand slam championship. It is designed and made available in the US markets, where it is highly popular.
Most of the players keep the overgrip handy while facing tough tournaments. Tourna grips have set the golden standards in overgrips, which are often imitated. It is mainly famous for its properties of absorption. It makes the grip tackier over the racket as the player keeps sweating. The light blue color placed on the grip of the racket is the famous trademark of the company.
The racket is made of a high-quality base material that is used commonly. It lasts longer under hard-hitting circumstances by offering excellent performance. Most of the professional players keep it handy in their kit while traveling.
3. Head Xtreme Soft Racquet Overgrip
Head overgrip makes it easy for the professional tennis players to have the finishing touch in the match. The grip is designed with the help of specially made material elastomer, which adds extra grip and higher absorption capacity and keeps the area around the handle dry.
Head overgrip fits well to the branded tennis racket making a perfect combination. The procedure used in the game of Ski is now used in the game of tennis. The racket is sports equipment that needs to be handled effectively by improvising the overgrip technique.
The most intense overgrip of the racket absorbs the sweat and moisture to keep it under control while playing the shots. The excess absorption capability of the grip keeps hands dry, which adds more precision while playing the game. he pack consists of 3 easy to apply overgrips along with the adhesive to wrap it tightly on the handle.
4. Wilson Ultra Wrap Tennis Overgrip – Black
Wilson ultra wrap tennis overgrip is one of the finest and highly favoured brands that millions of athletes, sportspersons, and tennis players around the world admire the most. Wilson overgrip is designed to push the limits of the performance on the tennis court and enhance the level of confidence among the players.
The overgrip adds one extra cushion on the grip, which provides an extraordinary grip that makes the players play the shots better. The superior brand offers a super-quality overgrip, which is full of tackiness and absorbency.
It not only adds extra power to the tennis racket. It also makes the grip dry by reducing sweat and moisture around it while playing and helps the player to play his shots with complete ease and comfort. The pack consists of 3 well-designed overgrips along with accessories such as adhesive tapes, which helps the players to play a better game.
5. Yonex Super Grap Overgrip in 8 Colours
Yonex super grap overgrip is available in 3 rolls of strips, including grip tapes. The overgrips remain highly effective and help the players in gaining self-reliance while playing the game. The overgrips are useful for other sports such as badminton, Squash table tennis, etc. Yonex overgrips are available in multicolor combinations. The tacky feel around the grip helps in holding the racket well in hands for long hours.
The overgrip is made of soft material, and the pleasant touch of the grip feels better and offers extra power in the shots. It certainly helps in gaining extra stability and makes a player play with ease and confidence.
In most tennis tournaments, the players have the advantage of such effective overgrips, which makes the difference in the match. The sturdy and durable overgrips have become popular among tennis players and become part of the tennis kit.
6. Tourna Grip XXL Tennis grip
Tourna grip is available in blue color. It is the best tennis overgrip for beginners, adults, and experts. Vinyl zipper pouch is used for its packing to make it secure and organized. This overgrip is made by a US-based company.
So, it has a registered trademark with a famous blue color. When you feel sweat in your hands, this grip becomes very tacky and gives you a strong grip on the racket.
It is used by hundreds of American players, pros, and college players, and finds the best tennis overgrip. So, we can say that it is the best tennis overgrip for all kinds of players.
It is the best grip for all kinds of conditions and temperatures like humid and hot weather. So, you can enjoy badminton without facing any problems. You can also use it for badminton rackets, fishing poles, dumbbells, baseball bats and archery, etc.
- It is available in a famous blue color.
- It is registered by the US-based company.
- It is easy to handle and tacky.
- It gives dry and smooth feelings.
- It is available in 3 packs.
- Easy to handle all kinds of bats.
7. Willson Pro Over Grip
Wilson’s pro overgrip is very famous among children. Because it comes in different colors. It is very tacky and gives a solid grip on all kinds of rackets. It is available in 3 pieces. It is best for soft and sweaty hands and never slips off even high temperatures and high humidity levels.
In fact, this is the top quality and unique badminton overgrip. It fits all kinds of rackets due to its elasticity nature. It is made of polyurethane material. So, it is very comfortable and gives a super grip.
It comes with 3 bundles and can fit all kinds of badminton and tennis players. It is made by the US-based company.
It is the best overgrip for budget-conscious users. Its durability is fantastic. It gives one week of a lifetime for regular players.
- It is available in different colors like red, yellow, pink, green, etc.
- It is easily stretchable.
- It is durable.
- Best for high temperature and humid environment.
8. Yonex Super Grap Tennis Over Grip
It is the best tennis overgrip and available at a reasonable price. It is an extra-long grip. So, you can cut its length according to your needs. This tape works very smoothly and gives soft and smoothie feelings while absorbing moisture.
It comes with one roll, which has three stripes. The Yonex Super Grap overgrip is best for all kinds of sports like badminton, tennis, squash, and baseball rackets.
It is the best grip for all kinds of conditions and temperatures like humid and hot weather. So, you can enjoy badminton without facing any problems.
It is made of sandpaper with a leather grip. It is a combination of durability and tackiness. So, it is easy to use and gives a smooth and soft feel. It is thick and absorbs moisture quickly.
- It comes with extra length.
- Available at a reasonable price.
- It has one roll with three strips.
- It is easy to handle and gives the best feelings.
- It is 30 pack cutting super grip.
9. Head Super Compound Best Tennis Over Grip
Head Super grip is available in white color. It is the best tennis overgrip for beginners, adults, and experts. This overgrip is made by a US-based company. So, it has a registered trademark with white color.
When you feel sweat in your hands, this grip becomes very tacky and gives you a strong grip on the racket.
Its manufacturing material is an elastomer. It is used by hundreds of American players, pros, and college players, and finds the best tennis overgrip.
So, we can say that it is the best tennis overgrip for all kinds of players. It is the best grip for all kinds of conditions and temperatures like humid and hot weather. So, you can enjoy badminton without facing any problems.
You can also use it for badminton rackets, fishing poles, dumbbells, baseball bats and archery, etc. It is easily affordable.
- It is available in white color.
- It is registered by a US-based company.
- It is easy to handle and tacky.
- It gives dry and smooth feelings.
- It is durable and maintains balance.
10. Senston New Racket Tennis Grip
It has anti-slip property. It is available in different colors with 4 packs. People who need to wrap extra grip on rackets this is the best choice for those. It is available in different designs and different traditions.
It has two lining grips. One is outer, and the other is the inner lining. Its outer lining provides a way to receive sweat and moisture for the inner lining. Due to two lining grips, its base is not tacky. But it is very comfortable to use for a long period of time.
This uneven grip helps to prevent slipping hands-on rackets. It is best for tennis, badminton, squash and fishing rod.
It is durable and easily affordable for all kinds of players and budget-conscious users. Due to its anti-slip property, it easily absorbs moisture while your hands are releasing sweating.
- Perfect for those players whose hands sweating a more.
- Best for different kinds of games, like tennis, badminton, and squash, etc.
- It’s base is not tacky
- It has different grip colors.
- It is available at a reasonable price.
Types of Best Over Grips
Normally three overgrips are best for tennis players, which are:
- Tacky overgrip
- Dry overgrip
- All around overgrip
These all over grips try to reduce sweating and humidity. But dry overgrip is the best overgrip to handle sweat than other grips. Tacky overgrip is also good for tennis and badminton players.
Buying Guide To Choose Best Tennis Overgrip
In order to get some guidance regarding the overgrip of the tennis racket, some of the points are discussed in the buying guide below.
The tennis overgrip is an essential part of the player’s performance on the court. The overgrip offers numerous advantages while playing and winning the game. Let us find out some important factors which can help you to buy a base of the grip in from of an overgrip.
The overgrip added to the handle mainly depends on the size and length of the handle. The overlap winding from bottom to the top remains tight, soft, and comfortable.
The players enjoy the tight and comfortable grip while holding the racket in the hands. The overgrip adds extra cushion to the grip to make it feel comfortable while playing. Shock &
The main reason that makes the overgrip popular among professionals is the shock-absorbing capacity of the overgrip during the game.
It also reduces perspiration and keeps the area around the handle dry and clean. Professional tennis players mainly use the overgrip technique during worldwide tennis tournaments.
3. Better Grip & Stability:
The overgrip will easily replace the grip without reducing its originality. The overgrip absorbs the sweat and helps a player to tighten his grip during the game. It certainly makes a player feel confident.
With the help of adhesive, the grip around the handle can be tightened. The strong base of the grip offers exceptional tackiness along with complete absorbency. The players can hold the racket firmly with complete stability.
4. Moisture absorbing capacity
When you go to buy tennis overgrip, it is very necessary to check the capacity of overgrip to absorb moisture. The best overgrip is to dry your hands when you feel sweating during play.
5. How much, Tacky?
How much overgrip is tacky. Tackiness is an important factor when you go to buy an overgrip. It is very necessary to feel overgrip when you put it on your bat or handle it.
6. How long durability?
When you use overgrip over a long period of time, it will be wearing out after a certain amount of time. So, check its durability. Maximum durability is one week if you are a regular player.
Thickness is also an important factor when you go to buy an overgrip. Thick overgrip is best because it absorbs a lot of moisture as compared to thin overgrip.
1. What is a tennis overgrip?
Tennis overgrip is a longer strip used to wrap around the handle of your racquet. Its purpose is to ease your handling of the racquet and help you maintain more control and feel when swinging it.
2. Is tennis overgrip necessary?
Absolutely. It helps you maintain the original grip. It will also give you more cushion and control when swinging the racquet. It absorbs the sweat, so it will prevent your racquet from slipping out your hands during longer and harder matches.
3. Do professional players use overgrips?
Yes, they do. Tennis overgrips are a vital piece of equipment every pro player uses. They always keep spare in their bags since overgrips provide you with necessary comfort throughout games.
4. How much thickness does overgrip add to your handle?
Classic tennis overgrips typically increase the grip of the handle by 1/16 inch. It is a pretty standard measurement, but there are alternatives for grip increasing, such as heat-shrink sleeves.
5. Should I apply two overgrips for more control?
It depends on your personal preferences; however, it is not recommended. Using multiple overgrips can, in fact, reduce racquet control. It might mess with your backhand swings and feel uncomfortable.
6. How often should I replace my overgrips?
There are various factors that change the condition of the overgrip. This depends on how much humidity the overgrip is exposed to. The intensity of matches you play is also a very important factor since you might squeeze the handle more during hard matches.
Typically, overgrips should be replaced between 3 and 40 hours of play, but this factor largely depends on the quality of the product and how much you sweat.
7. Which tennis overgrip should I purchase?
You should pick the one that you feel most comfortable and in control with. All the products we have listed above are high-quality ones and will surely suit your needs. If you are not sure which one you should go for, we recommend you the Gamma Supreme Tennis Overgrip. It comes in a pack of 15 pieces and grants you top-notch absorbancy.
These are some of the main factors which are important while deciding to buy the most useful overgrips for your racket. While deciding to buy the branded overgrip from the market, you should study every brand along with features and functionalities.
Most of the brands offer a well-designed and technically strong base of the grip that offers positive changes in your play and in your shots. Read the buying guide along with the product details given above, understand the usefulness of the various branded products, and then choose the most suitable brand that fits your needs.
Take a look at these models available on the market:
- HEAD PERFORMANCE: Born out of revolutionizing how we ski and play tennis, HEAD has constantly pushed athletic equipment into the modern era. With...
- ENHANCED GRIP: Made from a specially engineered tacky elastomer material, HEAD tennis racquet overgrips offer added grip for more control with every...
- MOISTURE ABSORBING: Hold tight through the most intense rallies with a tennis racket overgrip that absorbs excess moisture. Dry hands means more...
- SUPERIOR FEEL: The racquet grip tape is an ideal overgrip to wrap over your racquet's worn stock handle. Remember, you're only as good as your...
- EASY APPLICATION: Each pack comes with 3 easy-apply overgrips. Simply, find the adhesive on one end of the grip, make one full wrap, then begin to...
- EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE: Gamma Supreme Overgrip helps you rule the court and provides maximum durability for hours of play
- ABSORBENT MATERIAL: Helps keep your hands dry by absorbing sweat during intense matches and allows you be more comfortable and play with greater...
- EASY TO APPLY: These tacky grips allow for a easy quick no-fuss applications and also fit extra long rackets so you can spend less time preparing and...
- DURABLE: These wraps are made to last and feature a soft feel combined with outstanding durability designed to keep up with your game
- COMPATIBILITY: Great for tennis and also a variety of other racket types including pickleball squash, badminton, or racquetball
- Pro Overgrip used by many pros on tour
- Thin, stretchy felt provides remarkable feel
- Durable material creates long-lasting performance
- Includes tape for easy application
- Includes 60 overgrips per pack
- 🎾 NEVER LOSE YOUR GRIP AGAIN: This tacky overgrip has proprietary MaxTac material - a razor thin, unique blend resin and polyurethane that is...
- 🎾 STAY-DRY MOISTURE WICKING: The ADV tennis grip has a unique resin coating which wicks moisture away. This makes it easy to wipe off moisture and...
- 🎾 HIGH TEAR-RESISTANCE: Made with reinforced PU compounds to last longer so you won’t need to replace as often as traditional tennis racket grip...
- 🎾 GRIP SIZE STAYS THE SAME WITH RAZOR THIN PROFILE. Don’t worry about changing your grip size because these grips are extremely thin at only...
- 🎾 LIFETIME NO-STRINGS ATTACHED GUARANTEE: All ADV Tennis products are fully tested by tennis pros and coaches to maintain high standards, so you...
- Durable Material: Our overgrips are made of high-quality PU, environmentally friendly, soft and durable, with good sweat absorption and great slip...
- Dimensions & Weight: Size: Approx. 43.3 x 0.98 x 0.03 inch/1100 x 25 x 0.75 mm(LxWxH), the appropriate thickness provides a comfortable feeling to...
- Multiple Colors: 10 different colors to meet your needs: black, red, blue, yellow, purple, white, green, fluorescent green, pink, orange. Express your...
- Widely Application: The racket grip tape is suitable for tennis, badminton, squash, racquet ball racket, also fit for fishing rods, dumbbells, ping...
- What You Get: 10 * tennis racket grips. Weicher is committed to providing the most satisfactory customer service. If you have any questions, please...
- Perforated version of Wilson's most popular overgrip for added moisture absorption
- Perforated conforms best to grip for better feel
- Not as long lasting as non-perforated
- Great for Tennis, Squash, Racquetball, Badminton
- 12 grips per pack
- Colors: Black, White