Tennis is one of the most popular sports in the world, and it certainly attracts a lot of attention as well. A lot of people practice tennis at their local sports complex or the school.
If you are also fond of tennis, then one thing that you would surely need is a nice tennis racquet. There are many brands available in the market, but which one is the best tennis racquet brand?
There is a lot of variation in terms of quality, as there are many local manufacturers in the race as well. If you are playing in a series, then you would surely want to possess the best tennis racquet for yourself.
We are here to help you in scoring a point, and we will make this easy by sharing a list of the top 5 tennis racquet brands with you. Check out more details in the section below
Top Best Tennis Racquet Brands
In this section, you will learn about some of the best brands of tennis racquets available in the country. You can choose the products from these brands without any doubt.
Also, we have listed the best product from each brand, and you can choose to navigate to the product page to check out more details about the same.
The first brand that we would like to talk about is Wilson. It is one of the best available in the market, and a lot of credit goes to advanced engineering techniques.
The brands use the best of technology to manufacture the tennis racquet that gives you a lot of power in every shot. The balance is optimal, and they have the right amount of weight. You can check out various models and versions from this brand.
- Uses Volcanic Technology to provide power and stability to the user.
- The long main strings provide a lot of power while hitting the short.
- Has improved shock pads to provide a better grip and comfort.
- Nothing that we could notice.
The second brand that we have is from Head, and if you are a beginner or an intermediate player, you can opt for this brand.
These tennis racquets are of good quality, and you would never experience a bent head because of the frame that is made of titanium and graphite fibre. This gives a lot of stability and strength to the tennis racquet.
- Available in multiple options for the grip. Also, the frame is made of graphite fiber & titanium
- Suitable for beginners to intermediate levels.
- It has a heavy head balance, which gives you stability and control while hitting the ball.
- Some players find the wires to be a little stiff than expected.
The next brand that we are going to talk about is Babolat, and we are sure that you are already aware of the reputation of this brand.
It is one of the sturdiest tennis racquets that you can buy, and this is only because it uses carbon fiber in the body. These tennis racquets are available at an affordable price, and you must have a look at them once.
- Available in a wide range of sizes.
- Uses Babolat Spiral Tex Synthetic Gut.
- The frame is designed with carbon fiber.
- Nothing as such.
At number 4, we are going to talk about the brand Tecnifibre and this deserves a special place on our list.
The brand classifies the tennis racquet as per the weight of the frame so that the user can purchase according to their needs. The grip is really good and the string used is also of the best quality that provides power when needed.
- Available in different variants as per the weight of the tennis racquet.
- It comes with a Tecnifibre grip, which absorbs the impact.
- It has good balance and weight distribution.
- Nothing that we could notice.
Honestly speaking, Yonex is one of the best brands that you will find across the globe. The only reason why we have it at the bottom of the list is because of the price.
The fact is that you are paying for what you are getting, and this is the reason why it is a little more expensve than other brands. The quality and features are unmatchable.
- It uses a black micro core for enhanced stability.
- Features lock booster system and Namd Graphite technology.
- The best that you can get in the market.
- One of the most expensive tennis racquet brands on the list.
Buying Guide for Best Tennis Racquet
If you have just started playing tennis, then we are sure that you would be interested in knowing about the factors that are going to impact your purchase.
In this section, we are going to share some of the points that you need to consider while choosing a tennis racquet. Do not worry as we are going to keep this short.
- Head Size – This is the area that is used to hit the ball. There are majorly four sizes available when you talk about head size. The first one is Midsize, which has an area of 80 to 94 sq. Inch. The second one is Mid plus, which has an area of 95 sq. inch to 105 sq. inch. Then comes the oversized tennis racquet, which has an area between 110 sq. inch to 115 sq. inch, and lastly, you have super oversized, which has an area of 116 sq. inch to 135 sq. inch. The large size would cover up more area but then you might have to compromise on agility and speed. To give you a better perspective, the professionals opt for the smallest available size.
- Weight Distribution – This is another factor that will impact your choice. For beginners, we would recommend a tennis racquet with a heavy head but if you are an advanced player, then you can opt for something that is a lot more balanced. A light tennis racquet head would enable you to generate more swing while you are hitting the ball but it would also need more power.
- Grip – The last thing that you may consider is the size of the grip. You get a size option of 1 to 5 if you are buying a tennis racquet in the UK and 1 is the smallest. The suitable ones for children are a grip between 1 & 2 whereas most of the women would opt for a grip size between 2 & 3. Lastly, the men would opt for a grip size of 4 to 5.
What are the most important measurements for a tennis racquet?
The most important measurements of every tennis racquet are power and control. The more these two are in balance, the better the racquet is. However, this is not the norm. Some players might not feel comfortable with perfect balance, depending on their level of skill.
Which tennis racquet is ideal for a beginner?
Beginners typically do not have strong and aggressive swings and generate little power with their shots. Therefore they require a tennis racquet with a higher power rating that will increase the strength of their swings and increase effectiveness on the court.
Which tennis racquet is ideal for an advanced player?
Given the fact that advanced players have already mastered their aggressiveness and power in their shots and swings, they require racquets that will provide them with more finesse.
Typically those are racquets with smaller heads which generate less power and much more control. A lot of factors determine control and power, but the most basic way to decide which one to go for is by the size of the racquets head.
Which type of racquets do professional players use?
Professionals generally go for racquets that are a midsize or midsize plus. Since they already pack stronger swings, they look for racquets that can provide them with comfort and control throughout long matches.
Should I buy a lightweight racquet?
It depends. One of the biggest injuries in tennis is, of course, tennis elbow. Light racquets with heavy heads are one of the main causes of this injury, and you should avoid them. Heavy racquets with lighter heads, on the other hand, are the way to go. You will avoid this injury and increase your performance.
What type of advantage do you get with racquets with big heads?
Typically, it grants you a larger sweet spot. It is a great racquet if you are a beginner in this sport. Starter players generally struggle to hit the ball with the center of the racquet, so it gives them more room for error while practicing.
Which brand of tennis racquets is the best?
There are many great tennis racquets brands available on the market. Which one you will go for is entirely depending on your personal preferences. Some of the top brands for this year are Dunlop, Babolat, Tecnifibre, Wilson, Head, and Yonex. Professional players usually opt for one of these brands.
This was all for today, and we hope you are able to shortlist the best tennis racquet for yourself. After you purchase the tennis racquet, practice a little with it, and this will help you in ensuring that you get used to the new tennis racquet.
If you are playing in a club or at your sports complex, then you can also choose some of the good tennis balls available in the market. Do share this webpage with your friends and give them a tough competition.
Take a look at some other brands available on today’s market: