If you ever play table tennis for a long time, you may have noticed that one of the most important aspects of this sport is footwork. You may have good body techniques, but if do not have the right footwork, you may not be able to draw the best shots. So, you must wear the best table tennis shoes during play.
Table tennis is an exceptional sport that involves fast multidirectional movements. Typical matches involve quick movements, quick movements of the legs and some jumps, and so on. Sometimes, a seven-seat match may be longer than expected. This can strain your feet and shoes.
Table tennis shoes are designed to offer greater traction and are equipped with a thin toe design, which helps improve speed, footing, and stability. Additional support protects against accidents during these quick movements. With all these features, the shoes are light as fur.
Some players made the mistake of choosing walking shoes for sports. Running shoes are particularly designed for rapid forward movement, while table tennis involves lateral and forward movement. In addition, running shoes feature thick, soft soles that absorb the effects while walking. This puts you at risk of severe injury while playing.
In this article, we have compiled some best shoes for table tennis which will help you choose the right pair of table tennis shoes according to your needs.
Our Top Pick Best Table Tennis Shoes 2022 Reviews
Lists OF Best Table Tennis Shoes 2022 Reviews
|Butterfly Lezoline Rifones Shoes||10/10|
|LI-NING Men Table Tennis Shoes||9.9/10|
|ASICS Men's Gel-Rocket 8 Volleyball Shoe||9.8/10|
|Adidas Men's Pw Tennis Hu Sneaker||9.7/10|
|Mizuno Men's Rider 23 Running Shoe||9.6/10|
1. Butterfly Lezoline Rifones Shoes
The Butterfly Lezoline Rifones shoes are a combination of top performance and the best style woven into one package. These shoes are not cheap.
In fact, this is one of the most expensive ping pong shoes on the market. But the price can generally be justified if we consider the performance and value of these that they offer.
These shoes are designed to meet the demands and performance needs of professionals. These shoes provide excellent support and comfort while keeping a great look.
The upper layer of the shoe is made of KPU material that provides comfort to the foot during lateral movement. It has a flexible midsole with comfortable cushioning, while the lightweight outsole offers excellent traction.
Its unique shock-reducing sponge is deliberately placed at the back and middle of the shoe, providing cushioning and stability in the foot during rapid reflexes. The shoes are light and strong enough to prevent distortion of the shoes during wrong foot movements.
Thanks to the superior and quality KPU material, these shoes can easily last from 1 to 1.5 years with a practice of 40-50 hours per month.
- These table tennis shoes are the perfect choice for professional table tennis players.
- KPU material offers to cushion to the forefoot and protects them during quick movements.
- It offers great support.
- It provides a perfect fit feeling.
- The bridge-shaped middle sole supports a sliding motion during play.
- It has specially designed outer sole for superior grip and footwork.
- It contains a special shock reducing sponge between the outer and middle sole which features cushioning and flexibility.
If you are searching for the best table tennis shoes, Butterfly Lezoline Rifones is the perfect choice for you. High performance and structure make these shoes better than any other shoe presently available in the market.
2. LI-NING Men Table Tennis Shoes
Li-Ning is the national sponsor of the Chinese table tennis team. These shoes are made by synthetic leather with AirMeshing to keep your feet breathing and keep you cool while playing.
Rubber soles are made with superior grooves to provide excellent grip, which is an important feature for high-pressure games. The toe protection prevents injuries with comfortable cushioning.
The outer side is designed to prevent tipping, secure support for both legs, and offer high protection when playing table tennis. It has a meshed upper made of textile material that makes the shoes easier to breathe and keeps your feet dry and comfortable during long games and tough sport conditions.
The EVA design and groove on the sole make the shoeless slippery and offer more resistance to wear and shock absorption.
These shoes fit great and are very flexible, very grippy, comfortable, and lightweight. The shoe could offer more feeling to the floor with a slightly thinner sole, and I wish it had a removable insert to replace it with an insert with more arch support.
Overall, it is a fantastic pair of Table Tennis shoes at an amazing price.
- The upper layer of the shoe is made of synthetic leather and textile material to provide breathability and helps you keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- It has a rubber sole with a special groove made to resist abrasion and reduce slip.
- EVA midsole reduces the weight of shoes and brings softness and comfort.
- It reduces the collisions of the toe for playing table tennis and running.
- UFF tip helps to lengthen the life of the shoe and offers excellent product performance.
Breathable upper, EVA midsole, lightweight, extra gripping, wide toe box, and high durability make LI-NING Men Table Tennis Shoes a great choice for table tennis players.
3. ASICS Men’s Gel-Rocket 8 Volleyball Shoe
ASIC designed one of the best shoes, particularly for indoor games. Just like the previous version, the updated and better-quality Gel-Rocket 8 are appropriate for table tennis. If you are using an older version and looking to replace it, this version is best.
These shoes have a perfect fit and unique traction that enables you to maintain control while playing. However, these shoes are not appropriate for players having a flat arch and that is one thing to keep in mind.
Moreover, they are not good for people having wide feet. In addition, these shoes are tough that are also great to wear and are designed particularly to enhance movement and indoor play. These are high-quality shoes and provide excellent grip on all surfaces.
With good cushioning, good traction, and better shock absorption, the Gel-Rocket 8 is a top-notch shoe for a good price. It is well-known as a favorite of beginners and intermediate level players. The updated Gel-Rocket features Trusstic system technology, rubber outsole for traction, and a unique gel cushion system.
The shoes are stable and offer awesome control due to the grip surface at the front of the shoe. Torsion resistance of the mid-sole offers perfect support for my weight and style of game. These shoes fit perfectly. My foot is wider than most but these shoes, even though they were not the “wide fit”, fit my foot very comfortably.
They did not create any pressure points or discomfort at all. The shoe inserts that came in this shoe provide decent support, but will most likely be replaced with a gel insert. My hat is off to the producers of this shoe for the look, control, comfort, and fit.
- It is made of synthetic material.
- It has a rubber outsole for greater traction.
- Its cushioning system reduces shock during ground impact.
- Trusstic technology decreases the weight of the shoe while maintaining the shoe structure.
- They are nice and comfortable shoes.
Synthetic material, rubber outsole, GEL cushioning system, lightweight, Trusstic system technology, and high durability make ASICS Men’s Gel-Rocket 8 a perfect choice for beginners.
4. Adidas Pw Tennis Hu Sneaker
One of the best table tennis shoes is the Adidas Men’s Tennis Hu shoes. Honestly, they are not only ping pong shoes, but they are almost perfect for every work. They have two important features that make these shoes perfect table tennis shoes.
The ultra-grippy rubber sole is one of these features. In contrast to a traditional rubber sole, this sole has diamond-shaped groves that give it greater traction, which will enable you to be more precise. Another amazing feature is the lightweight design.
The meshed tops are made of one of the lightest materials for sports shoes and feel you like you are wearing socks.
The HU brand from Adidas is already known for its elegant, soft hues and quality logo, which are visible all over the shoe. These shoes are so comfortable. They fit my ankles in a way that I have never felt, mainly because it’s a social taboo to have your ankles hugged.
- These are one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I’ve ever worn.
- They are incredibly lightweight.
- They have meshed upper to increase breathability.
- It keeps the feet dry and comfortable during tough conditions.
- Easy to wear design.
Extremely lightweight design, super breathable upper, soft, meshed upper, great traction, perfect fit, and comfortability make Adidas Men’s Pw Tennis Hu Sneaker a good choice for table tennis game.
5. Mizuno Men’s Rider 23 Running Shoe
Like Wave Rider 22, its sole is a mixture of two types of foam. In practice, the insertion of these foam into the heel makes these shoes softer and more comfortable for people especially suffering from heels strike when walking.
In an ongoing effort to make the underfoot smoother. Like other Mizuno shoes, there is a precision mounted Pebax plastic plate that provides a quicker feel and stability.
The Wave Rider 23 also remains unchanged with the x10 reinforced rubber on the heel for more durability.
The Wave Rider 23 comes with a breathable upper while still maintaining a durable upper. There is a thinner tongue, overlaps with some multilayer engineered reflection elements and mesh. For Mizuno, the mesh is made of fabric with a tighter layer that helps it last longer but feels more breathable.
The height of the shoe remained unchanged with the weight reported by Mizuno. This may be due to the fact that the weight of the upper side is pale compared to the overall weight.
Wave Rider 23 is excelled for a variety of races and games. Softer pillows and stronger rubber on the heels are clearly designed for comfort.
For touch support in shoes with a neutral and firm dose, the Pebax wave plate offers a stronger ride. Mizuno Wave Rider 23 is a perfect shoe for daily runners. Wave Rider is a great everyday sports shoe.
- It is made of textile materials.
- Its wave cushioning technology offers extra comfort with a super secure fit.
- These shoes are very lightweight.
- They have a breathable meshed upper that keeps your feet dry.
- It keeps the temperature in control in tough performance.
- Wave Rider 23 has a dual compound midsole for unmatched responsiveness and performance.
Extra cushioning, perfect fit, lightweight, breathable upper, comfortability, stable base, roomy toe box, and durability make Mizuno Men’s Rider 23 Running Shoe a great shoe for table tennis players.
There is a wide selection of shoes for playing table tennis, and if you do not take ping pong seriously, you may not think about buying the best table tennis shoes.
I will suggest anyone who is passionate about this game have professional table tennis shoes as they can enhance their performance, moveability, and comfort.
The best table tennis shoes are listed in this article. These are the best table tennis shoes I have ever found, simply because they are so easy but still effective. They are designed and built for gamers.
If you are a recreational player or a newbie who just started a tennis table, you do not need to buy a pair of sports shoes. But, if you have solid skills and want to play to the professional level, and so is more suggested to buy the best table tennis shoes.
Hopefully, you found this article useful enough to buy the best table tennis shoes for yourself.
I highly recommend it to anyone who takes table tennis seriously and wants to excel at the professional level to buy specially designed ping pong shoes as they will enhance foot comfort, performance, and moveability.
Q.1: Which is the best table tennis shoe?
KPU cushioning, great support, perfect fit, superior grip, shock reducing sponge, lightweight, and high durability make Butterfly Lezoline Rifones Shoes the best table tennis shoes for professional players.
Q.2: Will table tennis shoes help me to improve my game?
Table tennis shoes will not help you to develop skills in the game. But they will surely enable you to move quicker in all directions while minimizing the chances to get severe injuries.
Q.3: Is there any drawback of using table tennis shoes?
In most cases, there is no risk, but you may face mild pain in heels and knee. Because these shoes do not offer enough cushioning, shocks made with foot movements can give an impression on the joints. If you even experience foot or knee pain, it is best to choose shoes with better cushions.
Q.4: As a beginner, do I need ping pong shoes?
If you are a true recreational player, you do not need these shoes. But if you are a beginner or intermediate player and exercise regularly, it is better to invest in the best shoes.
Q.5: How often do I have to change my shoes?
If you play 2-3 times a week and about 30 hours per month, typical shoes will easily last 1 to 1.5 years.
Q.6: Is it possible to play squash, volleyball, or other indoor sports with table tennis shoes?
It can be used, but if you use it regularly, it can be dangerous and you can get hurt. Table tennis has unique requirements: thin sole, extra support, grip type, etc. Other sports shoes may offer better cushioning but will prevent rapid foot movement which is required while playing table tennis.
Take a look at these models:
- HIGH VALUE – Trynex is a Butterfly table tennis shoe with high value due to its high performance features and reasonable price.
- SUPERIOR GRIP – Rubber sole provides superior grip on any surface and is scuff resistant.
- GREAT COMFORT – The Trynex is a comfortable shoe due to its all mesh construction and lightweight shoe design. The cushioned sole contains EVA sport...
- DURABLE ATHLETIC SHOE – This ping pong shoe is a very durable shoe that is made for multiple table tennis playing styles.
- COLORS AND SIZES – Available in red or white colors in sizes 4.5-10.
- BUTTERFLY TABLE TENNIS SHOE - Butterfly table tennis shoes are the preferred choice of top table tennis players
- EXTREME CUSHION - The B-Armor covers the front upper part with KPU material that cushions the forefoot and protects your foot during rapid movements
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT - Design prevents undesired movements and enhances the feeling of a perfect fit. The bridge-shaped middle sole supports a sliding...
- EXCELLENT GRIP - Contains a wingtip: specially formed outer sole with superior grip and assists your footwork
- SHOCK ABSORBENT - Contains a B-Absorber: a special shock absorbing sponge placed between the outer and middle sole of the forefoot which features...
- PROFESSIONAL - Developed by Butterfly table tennis to support the footwork of top players
- SHOCK ABSORPTION - Thickest sole in Lezoline series. Exhibits excellent shock absorption due to the B-ABSORBER, a special shock absorbing sponge that...
- OUTER SOLE - Featuring WINGRIP, a specially formed outer sole that has a high ability of grip and assists your correct movement
- STABILITY - Lezoline GIGU features STB, which aids in stable footwork and helps prevent distortion of the shoes which can happen by certain table...
- FUNCTIONALITY AND COMFORT – A mix of sturdy synthetic fiber and synthetic leather materials, as well as the abrasion-resistant and rubber sole, the...
- Package length: 28.7 cm
- Package width: 19.1 cm
- Package height: 11.2 cm
- Product Type: SPORTING GOODS
- Designed for the intense footwork of top players
- Provides excellent grip and stabilizing properties
- Lightweight with excellent cushioning material
- Traditional mesh toe has been removed and covered, providing added durability
- Thin midsole for extra comfort
- Comfortable competition table tennis shoes
- Lightweight shoe designed to support quick & accurate footwork
- Outer sole provides excellent grip
- Lightweight and flexible midsole
- Upper shoe offers reinforcing material for strength and mesh for breathability
- High end, competition table tennis shoes
- Designed for intense movements common in table tennis
- Men or women's lightweight sneakers
- Breathable upper mesh
- Light shock absorption that offers stability for medium weight players